What is Reiki?
The awareness that an unseen energy flows through all living things and directly affects the quality of a person’s health has been part of the wisdom of many cultures since ancient times. This life energy goes by many names:
- Qi in China (prounounced Chee)
- Ki in Japan
- Prana in India
The ancient Hawaiians called it ti or ki. It has also been called orgone energy and élan vital, and science refers to it as biofield energy. When your life energy is low, it is more difficult to deal with stress; you may not sleep well, and you’re more susceptible to illness. When your life energy is strong, you can more easily deal with stress, and are less likely to get sick. Reiki is a technique that increases a person’s supply of life energy.
Reiki is an ancient, Japanese healing art that uses Universal Life Energy to promote health through physical, emotional, and mental balance.
- Calms, relaxes and reduces stress
- Decreases drug side effects
- Decreases anxiety
- Improves sleep
- Removes blocks to healing
- Helps maintain/raise your energy level
- Improves immune system
- Complements other healing modalites
Reiki is not used as a substitute for medical treatment. You should continue to see your medical caregiver regularly.
Benefits of Reiki
Reiki energy allows muscles to relax and increases blood flow to treated areas, which in turn quickens the healing process. Practitioners and clients report help with stress, headaches, insomnia, upset stomach, sprains and other minor conditions.
Reiki also promotes psychological healing, including release of anger, fear, worry, sadness and other unhealthy feelings, and replaces them with self-worth, confidence and tranquility
Reiki also provides a balance and wellbeing in life. For a practitioner, reiki provides inspiration, peace, tranquility, and a sense of fulfillment. For both a recipient and a practitioner, reiki is a connection to a higher source, something greater than this world. Reiki:
- Balances energy
- Relieves stress & amplifies vitality
- Works on the cause of the problem by healing on physical, emotional and spiritual levels
- Induces a deep level of relaxation
- Reactivates the body’s natural ability to heal
- Compliments traditional medical treatments
- Can be applied to humans, plants and animals
- Effective for pain management
- Safe and appropriate for all ages
- Promotes a sense of well-being